Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week’s Wrestling Observer Bulletin: Shinjiro Otani seriously injured, WWE announce show in UK stadium
- Update on Shinjiro Otani, what happened, a review of his career, and a look at Zero-1’s biggest show in years.
- WWE officially announces its show at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, a look back at the biggest UK events for WWE and ticket demand.
- Coverage of UFC 273 featuring a potential Hall of Fame fight with Khamzat Chimaev vs. Gilbert Burns, plus Sterling-Yan judgment, Alexander Volkanovski’s dominance, show trade notes and match coverage by match.
- Full coverage of NJPW Hyper Battle and angles leading up to New Japan’s return to the Fukuoka Dome, a look back at the first show in this building, plus G1 and Best of the Super Juniors updates
- Update on WrestleMania Backlash, Ticket Demand, Matches Under Construction, Brock Lesnar Fake Publicity and More
- Rankings including rankings, oldest and youngest audience, NBA playoff impact, segment-by-segment numbers, and comparisons to last year.
- CMLL Champion of Champions Tournament Continues
- AEW star announces return from major injury
- Hall of Famer Announces Relaunch of Former Class
- Japan Champions Carnival Update
- Compositions of NOAH Sumo Hall
- The NJPW star ends this week and the context
- Funeral of Scott Hall
- new wrestling books
- The biggest indie crowds of the year
- The Strangler Lewis Headlock Machine
- Merger Discovery/Warner and AEW
- NJPW and AEW deal
- Story behind Satnam Singh’s early life
- Ticket sales for upcoming AEW and WWE shows
- International TV Ratings
- Streaming numbers for the major things of the past week
- Cain Velasquez Case Update
- UFC adds 2016 Fight of the Year to Hall of Fame
- How Much WWE Top Executives Earn
- Update on Vince McMahon vs. Oliver Luck
- Update On All The WWE Talent Name Changes And Why
This week’s Retro Observer newsletter: Observer Bulletin February 7, 2005: Royal Rumble Review, Year in Review
Ordering information: Order the printed Wrestling Observer now and have it delivered by courier, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to [email protected] or by going to paypal.com direct funds to [email protected]
US rates are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40, and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40, and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40, and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in all price ranges.
Saturday News Update
- Last night’s smackdown 2.05 million viewers on average in the National Rapid ratings, down from the 2.10 million viewers the show had averaged in the National Rapid ratings last week. The rating in the 18-49 demo was 0.4.
- WWE has filed trademarks for the names Roxanne Perez, Katana Chance and Alba Fyre. Perez is the new WWE name for former Rok-C. WWE has yet to reveal who the other two names are for.
- Rick Boogs takes his first steps without crutches after undergoing surgery for a torn quadriceps tendon at the patella tendon: ‘Day 10 post op…I asked the Doc when I could stop using crutches,’ he said every when I felt ready. It usually takes people about a month to start weaning off crutches…I just beat biology and became the marvel of modern medicine”
- In a post on Twitter today, Liv Morgan begged people to stop impersonating her and scamming cash-strapped fans: “Guys, I’ve received so many horror story emails about people creating fake accounts and emails impersonating me and asking for ‘huge sums of money. This really makes me so sad. Please don’t use my name to scam people out of their hard earned money. Please please please A man sold his house and lost everything thinking he was helping me. It makes me so sick. Know that I would never ask you for a penny. I’m so sad. Please stop. “
- Ricochet, Rhea Ripley & Morgan and Sami Zayn were interviewed on Talking Smack this week.
- NXT 2.0 Eyelash legend, Nile ivyand Damon Kamp posted photos on social media in London for NXT UK.
- Eric Bischoff appeared in this week’s episode from WWE After the Bell, which was taped in Dallas during WrestleMania week.
- WWE YouTube channel uploaded Umaga vs Santino Marella for the Intercontinental title and JOhn Cena vs. Rated-RKO in a handicap match on the April 16, 2007 episode of Raw, featuring a KO Show segment with The New Day from the April 16, 2019 episode of SmackDown.
- During a virtual signature for Golden Ring CollectiblesMax Caster commented on the praise John Cena had for him recently: “That’s a great question. [could Max beat John Cena in a rap battle]. John was very, very nice to me and when he didn’t need it. He reached out and he made it public so I’m allowed to say it now so he reached out and then he publicly said things about me in Forbes and that means a lot to me. So there was never any talk of beating him in a rap battle. This is about trying to get past the perspective of people saying I’m a Thuganomics scam. Am I to a certain extent? Perhaps. He has a huge influence on me, one of my favorite wrestlers. The guy, I’ll say in 2004, that brought me back to watching wrestling. So I take that energy and propel it forward and say, maybe there are people now in 2022 even last year who have fallen from the struggle they hear there is this guy who’s rapping wrestling now and he’s doing these disses and they’re hilarious and you look at it and you’re like, ‘Oh, that’s my guy.’ You listen to the mixtapes, the songs or the disstracks that I put out, the music videos, you say, “Wow, this guy is really talented. So for me it’s not about beating John in anything. It’s about honoring and respecting and elevating what he’s done and I think by his own admission I’m here, I’m doing it, and I hope to continue to do it.
- Mick Foley took a trip to Amarillo, Texas Thursday for lunch with Terry Funk: “LOOK WHO I DATED ON! I took a short detour to Amarillo to take the legendary Terry Funk to lunch. Still my mentor, still my idol after all these years. @TheDirtyFunker”
- Jim Ross tweeted a photo with Alicia Fox yesterday: “I met former Alicia Fox over breakfast at @TPCSawgrass here in the Jax area. She has 3 years clean and sober!
- Ross said UFC’s Dana White will be coming to one of the AEW shows in Las Vegas next month.
- Wheeler Yuta was the guest of this week’s edition of AEW without restriction.
- matt cardon reflected on yesterday being on the second anniversary of his release from WWE: “2 years ago…on April 15, 2020…I was released by WWE. It had to happen. It is one of the best things that has ever happened in my career and in my life. The last 2 years have been amazing. My goal has never been to prove anyone wrong. I wanted to prove myself and my fans right…and I did. And I will do it again. I’m #StillHere and I’m #AlwayzReady!”
- Will Ospreay will face Low Ki for the very first time at the House of Glory show in Queens, New York on Friday, May 27.